Solar Thermal Greenhouse Heating in South Korea
- Solar thermal energy
- Energy concept
- Private financing
04/2016 – 07/2017
Feasibility study for a greenhouse heating with solar thermal collectors, seasonal thermal energy storage and an electrical heat pump on behalf of a South Korean solar collector manufacturer. The results of the study should be implemented as part of a pilot project.
S&G Energy Corporation, South Korea
- Steinbeis Research Institute Solites (DE)
- Prof. Taebeom Seo, Inha University Seoul (South Korea)
The aim of the feasibility study was to determine a system concept consisting of solar thermal energy, a seasonal thermal energy storage and an electrically driven heat pump to cover the specified heat requirements of a greenhouse with the highest possible solar fraction.
The following work was carried out in the project:
- Development of a suitable system concept
- Development and documentation of the associated control concept
- Transfer of the plant and control concept into a simulation model
- Carrying out a parameter study for the central configuration parameters
- Determination of the target variant and dimensioning of the main system components
Taking the client’s ideas into account, one target variant was determined and proposed for execution.